Thursday, October 2, 2008

an open letter to two friends:

It is about 5:30am, Thursday & I've been up since about 3:am "stewing in my own juices". This is only going to two people - the two who(m?) I actually give a flying f* what they think - & they both are well versed in my "stewing"!

I've been pounding the keys for a couple of hours about the impending House vote on the rip-off of America. It was so boring, that I bored myself. So a simple DEL & Gone... & here is probably my final "will & testament" to the political process...short & hopefully sweet, as my forced retirement is imminent.

Put this away until July 1, '09 & give it a quick read. It may prove enlightening...but, then again, maybe not.

With this final unabashed rip-off of $700B, the Union is in such financial distress, the "bail-out" is all but assured, the people's will ignored - I shall resign. Please no weeping, for it is to a better place I go.

But, before I do - I shall keep it hopefully short - lets look a just a few things.

1. I don't have to go into the particulars of this "thing" because you both are well aware of it all.

2. We are witnessing such open theft that we may not recover in our lifetime.

3. This "thing" will effectively produce a 4th branch of government - accountable to no one. Operative Concept: non-transparency of any stripe!!!

4. Paulson - I call you a traitor. You have substantially weakened the Union for your - & your henchmen's (you see Goldman-Sachs hand in every cranny of this; & Buffet you should be held accountable, you lying fraud, because people look to you. ...a stretch? maybe, but so what?) - personal gain.

5. Bush - I call you a fool. You are but a tool, but should be held accountable, none the less...be assured history shall judge you for what you have done & allowed to be done.

6. The "Fed" - remember it consists of 12 privately owned banks - will now become the famed 800 lb. gorilla. (My thanks to K for first sending me on the scent, lo, those 20-25 yrs ago.)

7. I ask the NY Fed - where is the $4T that goes unaccounted for since '89?

8. - further - I ask the NY Fed why hasn't there been an audit - of any kind - since '95?

9. I ask Congress - why have you not performed your fiduciary responsibility & represented the people? Avarice or stupidity?

10. - further - I ask Congress why have you, in your unlimited hubris, ignored the will of the people (K, you were right & I was wrong, but to what end?) & passed this abomination (Redundant? So what?)?

11. - further - if it is in your (Congress) self interest - including the prospect that you've been bought - I accuse YOU, too, of treason.

12. - further - if you (Congress) are just stupid & non-informed of the facts, that is ALMOST, but not quite, excusable. You must be held accountable in so far as losing your job - at the least.

13. The "will of the people" is non-existent...they (the people) said: "no," you (the Congress) said: "so what"? Question: what does that - directly - speak to?

------------------------------------------------------------

Predictions:

Thursday, October 2, 2008 - remember that date - put this away until July 1, '09, then dig it out & call me fool or prophet.

(the paragraph breaks are artificial, but are simply there to make it easier to read)

Tomorrow when the House signs off on this "thing" the markets will probably jump. The exchanges world-wide will probably jump. Everyone will be slapping each other on the back saying: "...we did it."..."...saved the world."..."...we knew better than the people."..."...why, we're the pundits."

BUT watch: this will hold until the elections - maybe until the inauguration in January - but the incoming President will find himself in financial prison.

Mid-March, when the "corporates" come due, you'll see - if not sooner, mind you - the smart money being taken out & going elsewhere. The markets will crash...will make Tuesday's 777 look like "mice nuts" (quote my brother).

April 15 & - I do truly give it less than 100 to 1 - a tax revolt. I don't think that is really viable, but I also didn't think "the mob" would stir (K you were right, but again, to what end?) against this "thing"...so we'll see.

From then on you'll see a housing crash - unless the banks do exactly what (stalking-horse) got them into this "supposed mess" in the first place - the likes of which has NEVER been seen.

----------------------------------------------------

I could go on, but that's what I DEL'd, so why bother - you're both smart enough to get the "drift". My "Swan Song" should have been better & broader, but it would've entailed the third "B" - boredom.

I know when I SEND this I'll remember 100 other things I want to say - but I'll spare you both.

2 comments:

dmiller@aol.com said...

You hit the nail right on the head!
...but what can a poor boy do, who will listen? I am so far behind on my mortgage that it isn't funny.
b4 the bank gets my house I will burn it to the ground and pour salt on the land. We are working two jobs to keep the deli open and driving around in Bob's car. How did we get so fucked up????
Maybe it's time to move to an Island and live off the land.

The Pheasant said...

The wisdom of,

"How did we get so fucked up"?

...is beyond measure.