Saturday, October 4, 2008

Dear Mr Panza,

While running on the beach this morning, w/ the weight of the world on my shoulders -as usual - about 1/4 of the way thru, this total & complete "lightness" came over me (I now know what Saul felt like).

I suddenly realized that I had been relieved of "my stewardship" of the country. I was a free man! The government had broken its contract w/ me...in fact the contract had been broken long ago (we've been living in some kind of hybrid oligarchy since about '62), but I was too blind to see it. Of course, in my own defense, it was more subtle than these last few years, & far more subtle than these last few daze, but none the less... I also realized that you had been telling me that very thing for years! ...but I refused to hear - they don't call me rockhead for nothing, ya' know. Suddenly the windmills were merely windmills, still there, but there was nothing I could do about them any longer. Still taunting me, but now only windmills, now only a whisper. I was free of all of them!

Oh, be assured I shall do what is expected of me as a member of society, & my own rules of ethics & morals shall keep me in line, but I am a freeman! I don't even need to read the book. I've realized all this on my own...if only I had been listening to you sooner - if only...

Thank you, Sancho for sticking w/ me during my rants & raves, gently leading me to the promised land.

Welcome to "Fortress Rock"!!!

xos, Don

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This post by The RockHead is pure poetry. I have printed it out for The Journal. Tommy J. & buds would be proud of you. Yet, inevitably, their hankies are wadded into wet clumps from the tears of desolation... to view this massive Cluster-F from the 'Other Side' must be devastating... what has happened to their magnificent dream?

WE THE PEOPLE have been duped.
What is worse...Apathy has been the raging contagion that destroys us...more lethal than the bubonic plague.

I will VOTE. I know I'm piss'in
in the wind - but piss is the quickest antidote for a jellyfish sting...and Washington DC is full of Jellyfish with stingers the size of Texas and Alaska.